August 18, 2009
Pullmantur’s Zenith suffered a fire while berthed in Stockholm, Sweden. The fire was minor but they haven’t been able to suppress the some from traveling through the corridors yet. Fortunately no fatalities but several reports of people suffering from smoke inhalation.
I have been able to track down several photos from various news outlets in Sweden.
I will be traveling back to school in Texas tomorrow so I will be busy backing and getting ready today. Unless something major happens, this will be it for a couple of days.
June 19, 2009
So I go to sleep and it was a slow day in the industry. I wake up to news that a cruise ship off of Egypt suffered a serious fire. Here is what I know so far:
- Princess Cruises Royal Princess was cruising in the Mediterranean when a large fire broke out in her engine room.
- It disabled her propulsion.
- Passengers assembled at their muster stations.
- NO abandon ship order was given.
- Fire was successfully put out.
- Ship is anchored off of Port Said, Egypt awaiting permission to enter the port.
- Damage and future cruises is unknown at this time.