October 29, 2009
Lost in all the Oasis media hype was an announcement by the Disney Corp. about the Disney Dream (Not to be confused with the Carnival Dream and the former Norwegian Dream any other ships I’m missing!). Her maiden voyage is slated for January 26, 2011.
- “AquaDuck” (clever name!) Water Coaster that spans the top decks around the funnels.
- Basically its a high speed flume-type ride.
- 765 ft. long; 4 decks high. 13 ft.; over the side of ship at parts
- A lounge where you can watch sunsets behind different famous cities
- All inside staterooms feature a virtual porthole w/ real-time view out.
- “A Magical Oasis for Children” (Oh I see that. They put Oasis in there. Nice one again.)
- All kids areas will be expanded and have added features.
- Teen and tween areas.
- Private decks, pools and sun bathing areas
- Technology area for making movies and photo postcards
- Teen areas will be by swipe-card so NO PARENTS!
- Rotational Dinning makes a comeback
- For those unaware, you keep you same dinning mates and serving staff but change venues. (One of my favorite ideas in cruising)
- Restaurants are:
- Animators Palate, a Disney classic with changing color walls
- Royal Palace
- Enchanted Garden
- Adults Areas
- The district (seem like a ripoff of RCI’s Neighborhoods)
- Nighttime entertainment areas with bars and lounged.
- 5 Themes
- Spa and Salon (No innovations there. Has there ever been!)
- Palo. Another Disney Signature restaurant. Adults only.
- Itinerary is typical 3&4-Night Bahamas routes.
- During the summer it will sail 4&5 Night Bahamas. The 5-Nighters will feature two stops at Castaway Cay.
See Full Press Release Here (DCL News)
|New Rendering of the Ship (High-Res)||Atrium Lobby (High-Res)|
|Palo||Champagne Lounge (I would guess in the Districts)|