Fire on Royal Princess
June 19, 2009
So I go to sleep and it was a slow day in the industry. I wake up to news that a cruise ship off of Egypt suffered a serious fire. Here is what I know so far:
- Princess Cruises Royal Princess was cruising in the Mediterranean when a large fire broke out in her engine room.
- It disabled her propulsion.
- Passengers assembled at their muster stations.
- NO abandon ship order was given.
- Fire was successfully put out.
- Ship is anchored off of Port Said, Egypt awaiting permission to enter the port.
- Damage and future cruises is unknown at this time.